Monday, October 18, 2010

Cruisin' Vacation

After 8 months of Donating my plasma, we finally got to enjoy our Vacation. Two weeks ago Cory and I were able to go on a Cruise to the Mexican Riviera. It was so much fun. 7 days of adventure, laughter, romance, bliss, relaxation, and no kids. We met some amazing people and made some great friends. It was well worth it and so wonderful!

On saturday my wonderful mother came up from California to watch the kids. She had quite an adventure of her own. On sunday we headed out of Washington on our vacation!
Mariner of the Seas We are pulling out of Los Angeles PortDay 2 (at sea):
Monday was a very relaxing day. We just roamed the ship and chilled. In the evening it was the first of two formal nights. We got dressed in our best and headed off to an delicious dinner. After which we were entertained with an amazing show by REVOLUTION: A Beatles Tribute. They were fantastic. A blast back to the 60's.


Our first Formal Night REVOLUTION: A Beatles Tribute
Day 3 (Cabo San Lucas):
On Tuesday we came to the Cabo port. This day was full of shopping, and roaming around the town. It is so fascinating to see how others live and how truely fortunate we are.

Cabo San Lucas

A pirate ship we saw. We thought it was kind of cool.

Here is one of the Taxi boats that we had to ride to get off the ship to the pier. In Cabo, they do not have a dock, so the ship has to anchor out in the sea and we have to ride in on these little guys.

These Pelicans were everywhere. They were Huge

Day 4 (Mazatlan):
On wednesday we were ported at Mazatlan. What a beautiful City. We were able to tour the city and learn some history about it. Then we headed to an old theater where we saw an authentic Mexican show with the Flying Indians. It was wonderful and very entertaining. After being fed we headed off for some more shopping and some beach time!
In the evening there was the midnight Buffet. What more can you ask for, a very late night full of eating and dancing. It was a blast!

Mazatlan
It has been a long time since I have been to mexico. I had forgotten how not fun the beach is. The minute you step on the sand, these little guys are on your tail trying to sell you something.

Here we are! A cliff diver we saw
The beautiful Cathedral
Cory and I with the Dancers Flying Indians Day 5 (Puerto Vallarta):

Thursday was the highlight of the week by far. We woke up early to catch our Canopy adventure tour. We rode on some huge trucks to get to the jungle. These trucks were like the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland...seriously, HOLD ON! When we arrived in the jungle, we got all geared up and headed for the Zip lines. 9 zip lines, 2 repelles, 4 wobbly bridges and one crazy rope ladder later, we finished. It was Awesome. There was one point in the day where you could take a hike to the next zip line or climb and insanely high, insanely wobbly latter way up to the top of a huge tree. 10 of our campanions opted for the hike...not Cory and I. We headed up the ladder (freaky) and across a wobbly bridge at least 20-30 feet in the air to get to the zip line. Scary? yes! Worth it? Yes. We paid for an adventure and we got it. So much fun.

Later that night we hit the evening show and then crashed early. We were exausted!

Beautiful Puerto Vallarta The Trucks we drove in to get to the zip lines. It was about a 45 minute drive to the jungle.

Just Driving

This is what we saw

Here we are Zip Lining
Day 6 & 7 (at sea)

Just some more relaxing and us time. Laying by the pool, eating, watching shows and listening to music. We also had our 2nd formal night. So we dressed up on Friday and enjoyed the evening!

Second Formal Night

Sunday night we got home! We were happy to be back!
All in all it was a fabulous vacation. Every night there was a show from dancing, singing, juggling, comedians, game shows, parades, live music, and much, much more. We had a lot of on board credit, so we were able to enjoy our drinks with the rest of them...virgin of course. All my favorites: Pina Coladas, Strawberry Daiquiris, Margaritas, Shirley Temples, etc. It was great. We had so much fun. By the end we missed our boys terribly and were ready to come home to them. But it was a much needed vacation and we enjoyed every minute of it. We look forward to our next one!!!

These were our Waiters for the week. R-L: Angel - Waiter; Pomada - Assistant Waiter.

They were so much fun!

7 comments:

Brittany and Bud Morrow said...

How fun is that??!!! I'm so jealous! We would love to go on a cruise too! So, seriously, you need to write back to me and let me know this: Did you really donate your plasma to save for it? How much did you get for each donation and how often did you do it?

The Ross Family said...

Yes i did donate to save for it. it took about 8 months. I would go twice a week. the first time for $20 the second for $35. a total of $55 a week. so roughly $220 a month. it is our play money!!!

Andrea M said...

Wow Tessa.....we have some of the EXACT pictures. I will show them to you when you come over next. I am so thankful that you had such a great time in Mexico. Cruising is SO the way to go. So relaxing and wonderful. So glad you are back to the BLOGGING world. Missed you tons.

Kaylinn said...

Shut UP SEXY MOMMA! Super HOT Pictures! LOVE LOVE LOVE the updates.

Celeste Pearson said...

So fun! I loved the zipline part - I'm totally doing that next time! The whole week sounded amazing and I'm glad you got to get out and do it all! And of course I'm glad you are a cruise junkie now too :)

Lorie S. said...

Hey Tessa!
It's your long lost cousin Lorie and I've been filled with the need this morning to stalk my cousins and see what's going on in their lives. I miss you and hope you are doing great. What a fun trip! You are GORGEOUS!!! Your boys are simply adorable...so handsome. I hope someday out boys can meet and play together (mine is only 2 months but I hear it will go fast when he will be up to running around). Just wanted to say hello! My email is laportlock@gmail.com if you want to keep in touch...I don't have a blog though.
Love ya,
Lorie

Lesley Wright said...

Thanks for the post. Never been on a cruise and always wondered what they are all about. This was probably the best explanation. So fun and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your white dress with the black with red shoes. So cute.