Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Its in the blood

For those of you who really know Cory and I, you know we both LOVE soccer. We met on a soccer team, both played soccer growing up and in high school and to this day still go the Seattle Sounders games and watch them on TV. We just love the sport. Well, now our sweet little Macade is learning to love the sport as well. We signed him up this spring for soccer and he loves it. He started out really rusty, not wanting to take the ball away from the other team because he thought that was rude. But one practice at home with me and he got the hang of it. The rest of the games he was in there taking the ball and making goals. A child after our own heart. We are so proud!!!!
Ready for the game
Team Circle
Getting the ball
Even though this kid was way bigger than Macade he was in there everytime getting that ball from him. Thats my boy!!!
You can see that the ball is going in the goal. Macade made that shot. He scored three goals that day!

5 comments:

Chris said...

I remember in a high school game once (when Cory played defense and I was goalie), I came out of the goal to go up for a ball and Cory happened to be backing up to get the same ball. I probably didn't call for it loudly enough and went right up on top of Cory. He had the most offended look on his face and it was awesome.

I'm sure Macade will have many moments like that in peewee soccer. :)

Kaylinn said...

Love love LOVE the new posts dear. Very fun to see Macade loving soccer.

Spring said...

So so cute! And can totally tell that he knows how to play and loves it.

Lesley Wright said...

So cute that he scoreed 3 goals! Way to go Macade!!!

Ashley Horne said...

He has been talking about soccer forever!! I remember like 2 years ago he was telling me he was going to play soccer but he had to be 4 or something