Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Too Big for Comfort

Cory and i were watching our show on Sunday night, The Amazing Race, and at the same time we both looked up and saw this ENORMOUS spider crawl up our drapes and just chill there. It was huge. I would say to size it, it was as big as the base of an 8 oz glass. No joke. The picture does not give it justice. (To be honest i was pushing myself just to get this close for a picture. I was creeped out). Suffice it to say that neither of us was getting close enough to it to get it with a paper towel so as Cory said..."this is a job for the Duster Buster!!" Good call honey!


5 comments:

Lesley Wright said...

Holy Moly! That thing is ginormus. I like how Cory suggested the dust buster so funny.

Andrea M said...

I HATE SPIDERS !! Truly and truly. I remember one time when Dave was away with the Navy and I ran over to my next door neighbor's house. I begged my neighbor to follow me and kill the beast. It was stinkin' huge. I understand your pain. You tell Cory that he has to empty the dustbuster for you.

Petersens said...

Thats one thing I hate about Washington! I had never seen spiders as big as we had in our houses there! But luckily I never had to face one that big! Good thing you had such a brave husband! (and a vaccum! lol.)

Celeste Pearson said...

Yuck! I would have freaked out. I usually put cups over spiders and bugs and let Bryan take care of them when he gets home. Good job on taking pics!

Bonnie H. said...

Good pics! I can't believe you were calm enough to take them! Bad news: I know what kind of spider that is. It's called a hobo spider. They are nasty little suckers. We had them in Idaho, and I just read a thing in our newspaper here in East. Washington about them. Sorry you have them over there! (though from what I hear, we have them over here too....bummer!)