Monday, May 17, 2010

Daddy

Well, it came and went, even though i did not think it would. Some days were awful and some were not too bad. Each night comes and still do not get into bed without saying good-night to him. Still miss him terribly, of course, but getting by.

Daddy,
I love you so much and miss you. I hope your year in heaven has been better than my year here on earth without you. It is hard, but we just keep going as i know you want us to. I know i still talk to you all the time, but i warned you of that before you went. There is no hiding from your little talker here, not even death can make you escape my non-stop jabbering!!! The best part, I know you are listening when you can! Love you and counting down the days till i see you again! (hopefully it goes faster for you, because it seems way too long here!!!)


4 comments:

Heidi Prince said...

very sweet tessa! :)

ricks family said...

Tessa,
I now know how you felt when your dad passed away...my dad passed away a little over a month ago and it has been hard to have him gone...Hope you guys are doing good!
Mj

Andrea M said...

I echo your sentiments exactly. I still pick up the phone to call my dad several times a week and he has been gone for over five years. Time truly has flown by. Yet, it has been dragging on too. Weird. I hate belonging to the "my dad is gone" club. It sucks....yet their suffering is done and they are busy on the other side. It would have been selfish of me to wish him to live a long time in his sick body...but still, I am selfish and still miss him. So...I get what you are saying.

Diana said...

Sweet post Tess! I am sure Heaven is a happier place, having Good Ol' Jon around. Love you!