Cory surprised me with a fabulous getaway for our anniversary. He shipped the kids off to Grandma's and we headed up to Seattle. He had reserved a suite for us at the Homewood Suites with a huge Jacuzzi tub in our bathroom. It was bliss.
Our beautiful hotel!
Before we checked into the hotel he brought me to Ipanepa Brazilian Grill. (For those who don't know, Cory served in Brazil on his mission). That was amazing. There is a buffet of several different Brazilian side dishes. Delicious! And along with that, you have guys rotating around the restaurant with huge sword skewers with slabs of meat on them. They cut a slice off for you at your table for you to try. They come around many times and you can you have what you want! Their meats range from buffalo, pork, Tri tip, pepper steak, fillet mignon, garlic shrimp, garlic steak, bacon wrapped turkey and bacon wrapped steak, Wild boar, and much more!!! They also brought around a cinnamon grilled pineapple which was wonderful. All in all it was a wonderful dining experience! A real treat.

One of the workers bringing around some meat! Just so you get an idea.
The next day we headed to Pikes place market and walked down by the water front. It was so romantic and nice to just be with my honey without the children. I could just focus all my attention on him and his on me! It was so wonderful!


The beautiful flowers at the market. Yes you see those beautiful bouquets with the tulips are only $5. Cory bought me a beautiful one for only $10 and now i am enjoying them in my home!
Just some of the beautiful flowers they had. There are thousands!
We tried to get the Pikes Place sign in but it was just not happening! At least we got the Farmer's Market sign.
All in all it was such a wonderful getaway. He truly spoiled me! I am very excited for our next little vacation together at the end of the year! If we ever get there!
3 comments:
This looks wonderful Tess! Such a great getaway. Glad you could get out and a cheers to Cory for a fancy outing!
Congrats.
Sounds like an awesome time! I can't decide if the best part was the jacuzzi, the Brazilian restaurant, or being without the kids!! Glad you had a great time! I want to go to Pike's just for the flowers!
Yay....relaxing times together are priceless. Good job to Cory for scheduling everything. Yay to Tessa for sharing your fun times with us. I will have to find out about that restaurant. When I went to Brazil in 2008, I ate at some fabulous places too. It cracks me up though because several of their restaurants advertise "American" food. Hello....I don't want American food. I eat it every day. I think it just struck me as funny. Did the restaurant serve Guarana pop? I LOVE that stuff. Nummy.
Post a Comment