Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Last Minute and Lovin' it!

One of my friends just adopted their second son about 2 weeks ago. He is 5 months old and big like Braxton, so I love that someone else has a big boy like mine and they are the same age!! I just got a call yesterday that there is going to be a baby shower thrown for her and Dillan. So of course, any excuse to get together with a bunch of my girl friends i am there. But what to bring. Cory and I are on a strict budget and trying to be good at it. So I was not really able to go out and buy anthing for her. So I started my mind rolling and came up with a last minute gift from things around my home! A Diaper Cake. When Macade was potty trained i still had a TON of size 4 diapers that he did not use. Dillan will probably be in them in the next month or so like Braxton, perfect! I found some great blue and brown ribbon, perfect. I did have to run to the store to get the teddy bear for 3 dollars, but i figured i could choke on that:-) So here is my Diaper cake that i made for only 3 dollars!! Go Me. Very last minute but i am lovin it!!! Compliments welcome:-)

5 comments:

Kaylinn said...

SHUT UP TESSA! That is so dang cute. And way cuter then the one I made and I had to spend some money on it! You are so talented. Super super cute. I bet everyone at the party LOVED it too. Which is kinda the best part. "Oh, I just whipped this together!" Cheers Tess...so cute.

Andrea M said...

Tessa...You ROCK the house. This was an awesome gift. I will have to come over sometime and learn how to do that so that I can steal your idea. You have more talent in your baby finger that most people do in their whole family. Thanks for all of the laughs while we were on the couch. You are amazing and a GREAT friend.

Lesley Wright said...

AMAZING!!!! You are so talented. I LOVE it. You did it a lot better than I learned how to make one, it looks a lot more sturdy. And for only 3 dollars. AMAZING!!! The bear is so adorable on the side.

Celeste Pearson said...

It is so cute and such a great idea!

Nathan and Bonnie said...

That.is.totally.amazing. Where did you learn how to do those? I love it!