Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cake

We had a Linger Longer today after church and I brought some dessert. I love to bake and make desserts. Honestly, i get excited when i have a reason to make something!! There were requests for the recipe to my Chocolate Chip Cake. Here it is below. WAY EASY!!

1 box of Yellow Cake Mix
Chocolate Chips
1 container of Chocolate Frosting(can be home made if you want)

Follow cake mix box instructions to mix the cake. In a blender chop up the chocolate chips till a little smaller. Stir in the chocolate chips into the cake mix and pour into a bunt pan. Bake as the box instructs. When done let cool for about 10 minutes then remove from pan. Zap chocolate frosting until flows off a spoon. Not completly melted, make sure it is still slightly thick. Pour a little amount on a section of the cake to test. It should slowly drizzle down the sides of the cake on its own. The heat of the cake should help soften it the rest of the way so it will drizzle. If it does not, zap the frosting again until desired results. Use the amount of Frosting to your liking! I use about 3/4 of a container! ENJOY!!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Yum, this looks good! I want to make some right now!!! Thanks for the recipe

Johnsons8 said...

Tessa,
Thank you for sharing the recipe! I love a new bundt cake recipe. I have one to share with you, I'll make it next linger longer!
Sue

Kaylinn said...

Can I say I LOVE that you used the word ZAP! HAHAHAHA. I love it!