d. He likes to get up at 6:30 am and start the day while Braxton is more of a 7:00 person. The first thing he does is come in my bed and say "Mama time to get up. Get out of this bed!" Wonderful i know. I have tried to teach him to stay in bed. We have done the alarm clock thing but now that Braxton is in his room It will wake him up. This morning he did his usual come and get me routine and I lost it. After some yelling and such i have decided to try something else! So my new test is to teach him to take care of himself in the morning until Mom gets up...which is about 30 min after him. I am teaching him to get the cereal box and just eat it out of the box, turn on some cartoons (which these days is not just a botton its like 10, rediculous), and just chill till i get up. I will have to report after a couple of days. Pray for me:-)
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Early Bird Special
Alright, the days of sleeping have been gone for a while, and it is not because of Braxton. He sleeps 11 hours at night. Macade on the other hand is another story. He is my early bir
d. He likes to get up at 6:30 am and start the day while Braxton is more of a 7:00 person. The first thing he does is come in my bed and say "Mama time to get up. Get out of this bed!" Wonderful i know. I have tried to teach him to stay in bed. We have done the alarm clock thing but now that Braxton is in his room It will wake him up. This morning he did his usual come and get me routine and I lost it. After some yelling and such i have decided to try something else! So my new test is to teach him to take care of himself in the morning until Mom gets up...which is about 30 min after him. I am teaching him to get the cereal box and just eat it out of the box, turn on some cartoons (which these days is not just a botton its like 10, rediculous), and just chill till i get up. I will have to report after a couple of days. Pray for me:-)
d. He likes to get up at 6:30 am and start the day while Braxton is more of a 7:00 person. The first thing he does is come in my bed and say "Mama time to get up. Get out of this bed!" Wonderful i know. I have tried to teach him to stay in bed. We have done the alarm clock thing but now that Braxton is in his room It will wake him up. This morning he did his usual come and get me routine and I lost it. After some yelling and such i have decided to try something else! So my new test is to teach him to take care of himself in the morning until Mom gets up...which is about 30 min after him. I am teaching him to get the cereal box and just eat it out of the box, turn on some cartoons (which these days is not just a botton its like 10, rediculous), and just chill till i get up. I will have to report after a couple of days. Pray for me:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Good Luck, I feel for ya. That 1/2 between 6:30 and 7:00 really makes a difference. 6:30 seems SOOOO much earlier then 7:00.
Oh I'll pray for you! What a blessing it'll be to have that extra half hour sleep!!!
Happy Mother's Day to a beautiful mother of two. :) After all that lack of sleep I hope you're having a wonderful day!
P.S. At least you're blessed to have Braxton sleeping through the night so well. We have friends with a one-year-old who STILL isn't sleeping through the night. Be glad you have such a thoughtful little baby! :)
That is amazing your baby sleeps all night! So glad I found your blog! You guys all look really great!
Hi Tessa I feel for you. I finally got Jimmy to sleep past 7 a few months ago. Alarms clocks wake him up too, but we found an alternative. If you set your alarm to radio, but not on a specific station, it gives off a static buzz instead. If you're listening for it you can recognize it, but if not it just sounds like rain or a distant waterfall. It shouldn't wake up Braxton, but Macade will know what it's for. Good luck!
I can just see Macade doing that!What possesses him to get up that early? NO ONE gets up that early. Silly boy. Good luck
I have been blessed with non-early birds, but I hope the teaching works well. Macade is so smart - he'll figure it out in no time!
Post a Comment