Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Oh I loved those times when I would sit at home and just wait for that garage door to open and hear your truck rumble on in telling me you're home for the day. The Best!

Oh I remember when we would walk side by side with my arm in yours and you would give mine a little squeeze with that cute smile of yours. The Best!

Oh I remember the times I would sit in the office and listen to you in the shower breaking out in one of your many favorite tunes. The Best!

Oh I remember that smile and bear hug you would give me when I would come home for holidays or just for the heck of it. The Best!

Oh I remember the many times I would tell you how much I love you and with your most sincere and beautiful tone you would repeat those words back. The Best!


Oh how I can not wait to have all of that again! But for now I will just "Oh Remember" cause I am happy I have that!


Happy Father's Day Daddy. I love you. You're The Best!!

4 comments:

Spring said...

That was beautiful Tessa. I love you!

Johnsons8 said...

Dear Sweet Tessa! That was a beautiful tribute to your Father.
You are The Best!
Love,
Sue

Andrea M said...

Oh Tessa, I could barely ready your post because it got me to thinking about my Dad. It seems like yesterday the last time that I saw him and I miss him so. I know that your heart is super tender right now. Obviously, your Dad raised a beautiful daughter in you. You reflect the love of your Dad in your eyes, your heart, and the outlook of life that you have . I am sure that he is looking at you from Heaven and certainly he must be happy to see that you are happy. To great Dads everywhere.....maybe our Dads know each other and are together talking about us....hmmmmmmmm

Celeste Pearson said...

I know Sunday was hard for you. You are so strong! And it's awesome that you write these tributes down so your kids can read them someday and really know their grandpa!